Announcement: Rural Support seeks Farm Business Mentor(s)
To assist in the delivery of its aims and objectives through a number of programmes and other emerging projects, and to address geographical gaps in coverage, Rural Support wishes to expand its register of associates (Farm Business Mentors) who have the necessary agri-business expertise to provide guidance and support to clients wishing to make changes to their farm business or who are experiencing financial pressures which are impacting their mental well-being so as to promote positive mental health.
Rural Support Farm Business Mentor
Essential key skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong agricultural advisory/consulting experience, with a minimum of five years relevant experience
- Financial/ farm business management experience and an understanding of financial management, in a farm business context
- Knowledge of rural stress issues and the impacts of stress
- Able to demonstrate empathy for farming and rural communities
- Willingness to promote positive mental health and wellbeing among target groups
- Able to demonstrate empathy and understanding of Mental Health Issues
- An excellent understanding of the current technical, economic, and social issues facing farming families
- Experience of one to one or group mentoring
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills
- A high level of written and verbal communication, including experience of using IT packages such as MS Office, internet and e-mail. Applicants must have access to a computer
- Ability to market and promote the programme to potential applicants
- Confidentiality in handling personal and sensitive information
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and emerging needs of clients
- Access to a car to meet the requirements of the role
- A 3rd level qualification in Agriculture, Finance or a related subject
- Debt Management experience
- Experience in the provision of technical farm business management support including regulatory requirements
- Received or willingness to undertake training in the area of mental health such as, Mental Health First Aid, ASIST
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 27th August 2019.
For further details and an application form please email email@example.com or telephone 028 8676 0040.