NI Agri-Rural Health Forum
The Northern Ireland Rural Health Forum, co-ordinated by Rural Support, brings together key decision makers in agriculture, public, voluntary, government and related commercial organisations to help influence public opinion and ensure the appropriate incorporation of mental and physical health needs in rural communities – particularly for farming families – into strategy and policy development.
As well as Rural Support, members of the Forum Steering Group includes: UFU; NFU Mutual; United Feeds; Chestnutt Animal Feeds Ltd; Moy Park; Ulster Bank; Danske Bank; HSENI; Northern Health and Social Care Trust; Farm Family Health Checks Programme; Rural GPs; VetNI; ABP Food Group; Healthy Living Centre Alliance; PHA; and Mindwise.
- An empowered agri-rural community that develops, lives and maintains the highest possible level of health and wellbeing in support of stronger farm businesses and healthier farming families.
- Our mission is to tangibly improve the health and wellbeing of those in the agricultural community in Northern Ireland through the development of practical and innovative solutions which address emerging trends or issues.
If you would like to hear more about the NI Agri-Rural Health Forum or to express an interest in becoming a forum member, please complete the form linked below and we will get in touch with you
Expression of Interest form – Northern Ireland Agri-Rural Health Forum Expression of Interest Form (google.com)
Services & Resources Available
Urgent Mental Health Support 24/7: Lifeline – 0808 808 8000 or Samaritans – 116 123
- Rural Support provides impartial guidance for farmers and farm family members in support of their farm business and personal wellbeing. You can contact the Support line on 0800 138 1678 or visit the website https://www.ruralsupport.org.uk/
- HSENI Farm in Mind is a website, specifically tailored to the farming community, to help identify the level and origin of stress and direct the community to further support services where necessary https://www.farminmind.co.uk/
- The Farm Families Health Checks Programme allows farmers and their families to access health checks from a portable clinic. For more information, including the schedule of where the screening van will be visiting contact 028 2563 5573.
- Public Health Agency – information services available at https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/
- Farm Family Key Skills provides short, specific training courses aimed at creating awareness and knowledge of topical issues impacting on farm businesses that can help with on-farm business decision making. Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) | Business Support – CAFRE
- Mental Health Support & Services. Minding your Head https://www.mindingyourhead.info/ or MindWise https://www.mindwisenv.org/
- General Services: Local GP’s, Local Healthy Living Centres, Pharmacists, Helplines NI https://helplinesni.com/