Our volunteer team is at the heart of our service. We have over thirty volunteers from rural areas across Northern Ireland who give generously of their time, knowledge, expertise and experience. Our volunteers ‘walk alongside’ clients as they seek to improve their circumstances. Activities include visiting clients and providing support, helpline cover, emotional support and promotion.
other activities our volunteers are involved in:
- operating the helpline;
- providing follow-up support to clients through telephone consultations and face-to-face visits;
- researching and arranging third party support;
- outreach work, including helping out with information stands at events and delivering talks to local groups;
- peer support to guide and enhance the work of those volunteers who have direct contact with clients;
- specialised inputs in areas such as technical farming support and
- operational and strategic input into Rural Support’s own operation and forward planning.
If you would like to request a volunteer registration form please get in touch with Deborah, Human Resources and Volunteer Co-Ordinator, on 028 8676 0040 or email@example.com. Alternatively you can download a volunteer registration form.