- Address: 18 Knowehead Road, Templepatrick, Ballyclare, BT39 0BX
- Contact: Robert & Linda Davis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 028 9083 0649
- Website: http://www.laurelview.co.uk
- Social Media:
Type of Farm
- Equestrian Centre
- Irish Moiled Cattle Herd
- Crossbred sheep
Robert and Linda have been involved directly or indirectly in farming throughout their lives. Since 2007 they have been running a large equestrian centre with the help of a number of staff, students and volunteers.
The Equestrian Centre has many different elements, one of which is a home for 4 Riding for Disabled Groups to meet.
Robert got his first Irish Moiled cow for his 40th birthday and has now got more than 60 head of this rare breed.
As well as sheep, Laurel View is home to pygmy goats, a range of poultry, as well as farm cats and dogs.
Farm Activities Offered To Participants
- Grooming, mucking out and leading horses and ponies
- General yard duties, including brushing & tidying
- Helping to halter train young calves in preparation for showing
- Supervised assistance in farm tasks like tagging and applying tail rings
- Feeding and watering miscellaneous animals
Robert personally has had experience of mental health issues and are involved with AWARE charity as an Ambassador.
Robert completed the Social Farming training offered under the Social Farming Across Borders (SoFAB) training in summer 2014.
Delivered Social Farming taster sessions in Spring 2016 with Learning Disability service users from the Belfast H&SC Trust.
Delivered sessions under the Social Farming Referral Fund for Mental Health and Learning Disability service users from the Belfast H&SC Trust.
Continuing to deliver Social Farming sessions two days/week for Learning Disability services from the Belfast H&SC Trust.
Currently delivering social farming on Wednesdays & Thursdays, with potential for Tuesdays also.
This case study video was produced as part of the Erasmus+ project ‘SoEngage Plus’ (2020-2022):