- Address: 22 Drumaconnell Road, Saintfield BT24 7NB, United Kingdom
- Contact: Jayne Burgess
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 028 9751 0668
Type of Farm
Mixed Farm, Suckler Herd, Breeding Flock of Sheep, Chickens, Pigs and Grain
Family run farm for over 30 years
Farm Activities Offered To Participants
- Working with animals on day to day activities such as daily feeding, daily cleaning chores, on going animal health care, moving animals as required
- Checking on animals in the fields during the grazing season and feeding them with meal as required
- Assisting with farm maintenance projects such as field boundary running repairs
- Assisting with vegetable garden, digging, weeding, planting, picking and general maintenance of the grounds, glasshouses and tunnel
- Assisting with other projects on farm.
The farm is run by Jayne Burgess with the assistance from her sons Hugh and Alex.
During May/June 2016 we hosted three service users on the farm for six sessions which were one day a week for four hours per session.
This was near the end of our lambing season and the service users got hands on experience of the new born lambs.
Initially some were unwilling to participate but gradually they gained confidence and happily took part in all aspects of the work.
Over the time we all got to know each other and the service users had great enthusiasm to try new experiences.
As service providers we soon learned to take things at a much slower pace and enjoy the experience.
All too soon the programme ended . Each service user was given photos of their time with us and all hoped to return to us if the opportunity arose.