- Address: 227 Seacoast Road, Limavady, Co. Derry, BT49 9EF
- Contact: Daniel Morrison
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07912481801
Type of Farm
We are mainly a small arable farm with a small sheep flock. We also have also kept a variety of more unusual farm animals such as pygmy goats and pot-bellied pigs. We breed pedigree dogs and have had a Crufts show winner. On the edge of the farmyard we also have a small domestic wood which provides a sustainable source of firewood for the house.
Parallel to farming activities Daniel runs a small agricultural engineering business that refurbishes vintage farm machinery. As well as this Daniel has a degree in Horticulture and has a lot of experience in gardening and landscaping.
Starting in early summer 2016, a glamping site has been developed on the farm which is open to the public and has proved very popular to date.
We run a lowland farm only a stone’s throw from the River Roe at the foot of Binevenagh mountain. Daniel’s agricultural engineering business is operated from the farmyard. The addition of the glamping site in 2016 has opened up the farm to new visitors who get to experience the beautiful scenery in our area.
Farm Activities Offered To Participants
- General animal husbandry – feeding, bedding, and working with the animals
- General farm duties – fencing, painting gates, chopping wood, picking fruit in the orchard, and haymaking activities
- Garden upkeep – seasonal work such as cutting grass and maintaining shrubs and flower beds
- Vegetable growing and cooking classes centred on the fruit and vegetables which the participants assist in growing on the farm
Daniel has been reared on the farm from a young age; he has a love of animals and machines and is gifted with his hands. Daniel has spent several months in Namibia teaching locals essential engineering and workshop skills and a basic knowledge of hand tools. Daniel is trained in horticulture and is competent in maintaining lawns, hedges, paths, gardens, polytunnel activities and landscaping jobs.
Swanns Bridge was a pilot farm on the Social Farming Across Borders (SoFAB) project between 2013 and 2014. Since then Daniel has delivered Social Farming taster sessions in 2016.