- Address: 18 Knowehead Road, Templepatrick, Ballyclare, BT39 0BX
- Contact: Robert & Linda Davis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 028 9083 0649
- Website: http://www.laurelview.co.uk
- Social Media:
Type of Farm
- Equestrian Centre
- Irish Moiled Cattle Herd
- Crossbred sheep
Robert and Linda have been involved directly or indirectly in farming throughout their lives. For the past 9 years they have been running a large equestrian centre with the help of a number of staff, students and volunteers.
The Equestrian Centre has many different elements, one of which is a home for 4 Riding for Disabled Groups to meet.
Robert got his first Irish Moiled cow for his 40th birthday and has now got more than 30 head of this rare breed.
As well as sheep, Laurel View is home to 5 goats, 1 pig, a range of poultry as well as farm cats and dogs.
Farm Activities Offered To Participants
- Grooming, mucking out and leading horses and ponies
- General yard duties, including brushing & tidying
- Helping to halter train young calves in preparation for showing
- Supervised assistance in farm tasks like tagging and applying tail rings
- Feeding and watering miscellaneous animals
Personally have had experience of mental health issues and are involved with AWARE charity as an Ambassador.
Participation in Social Farming taster sessions in Spring 2016. Keen to develop further if appropriate opportunities arise.