To assist in the delivery of its aims and objectives through a number of programmes and other emerging projects, Rural Support wishes to expand its register of associates (Farm Business Mentors) who have the necessary agri-business expertise to provide guidance and support to clients wishing to make changes to their farm business or who are experiencing financial pressures which are impacting their mental well-being so as to promote positive mental health.
Essential key skills, knowledge and experience- Rural Support Farm Business Mentor
- Strong agricultural advisory/consulting experience, with a minimum of five years relevant experience
- Financial/ farm business management experience and an understanding of financial management, in a farm business context
- Knowledge of rural stress issues and the impacts of stress
- Able to demonstrate empathy for farming and rural communities
- Willingness to promote positive mental health and wellbeing among target groups
- Able to demonstrate empathy and understanding of mental health issues
- An excellent understanding of the current technical, economic, and social issues facing farming families
- Experience of one to one or group mentoring
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills
- A high level of written and verbal communication, including experience of using IT packages such as MS Office, internet and e-mail. – Applicants must have access to a computer
- Ability to market and promote the programme to potential applicants
- Confidentiality in handling personal and sensitive information
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and emerging needs of clients
- A 3rd level qualification in Agriculture, Finance or a related subject
- Debt Management experience
- Experience in the provision of technical farm business management support including regulatory requirements
- Received or willingness to undertake training in the area of mental health such as, Mental Health First Aid, ASIST
- Knowledge/ understanding of animal welfare, bovine T.B.
- Experience in group facilitation/ chairing meetings
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 17th August 2018. ***Update- this deadline has been extended to 5pm on Friday 24th August 2018***
For further details and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 8676 0040.